View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2016, 03:03 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

So yesterday after work I changed the oil and filter in Crustine. Boy that oil came out a bit dirty! Anyhow, fresh rotella 15w-40 seemed to make things all better. I'm gonna head to Napa today and get some zinc additive. I figure it can't hurt since I am driving this truck everyday.
As I have been doing towing and alot of city like driving so far my mileage has been 10 mpg. So I'm guessing 12 on the highway. Mileage and speed should go up a hair as I found a nice set of 238/85r16's that I will be purchasing. Currently has 29's on it right now(sucks, and they have flat spots. lol). Also purchased a new front brake hose as I am in danger of no brakes if it's not changed out soon. haha Not to mention she needs a new brake booster and master cylinder! Oh...add to that a new steering gear box and tie rod arms because the steering has its own mind...especially when gust of wind hit the truck. So quite a list! Will be doing it a little at a time as my 66 takes priority.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.