View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM

Truck: 1964, K15
Lineman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man Trans stuck in gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
If I understand, you moved the truck with the clutch disengaged? Didn't notice any problem with pedal feel?

Not ugly, piece of cake. Can't imagine they busted something. Hope not. If so they owe you repair. Got to be operating like when you took it in.
You can twist off the shifter bayonet retaining cap CCW, Push down hard when twisting, take out shifter, see down in hole and using a tool see if you can slide the sliders a little. Align all the slots in the sliders up with each other for neutral (Rubick's Cube). Notice how the nose of the shifter lever fits into the slots. The nose moves each of the three sliders during shifting. Put all slots lined up in center of peep hole while clutch pedal down. Let up on clutch pedal all the way carefully, see if truck rolls. If it rolls, install shifter. If it does not, change location of the sliders a little but keep them lined up. If a slider won't move, move another slider while trying to move it. If slider still won't move, report back. If you are in 2nd, the center slider slot should be up towards motor. I think that is what you will see. Pull it back into center position with the other two.
Thanks for the help. I was at the shop last night fooling with the truck. I didn't have the motor running but the clutch seems fine the best I can tell. I had somebody rock the truck and I did everything I thought I could do while they were rocking the truck while I was pushing around on the shifter hoping the stars would line up at the right time and un-do whatever they did. I have been lucky with bigger trucks stuck in a bind before.

So I hear your instructions and I am sure it will make since once I get the shifter out. I am pretty sure its stuck in second gear if you call it a four speed. First gear if you call it a three speed with low range.

I will print your instructions out and try to get all that stuff lined up and see what I get and get back with you.

Also I was looking for a shifter boot and somebody said it was just a foam piece on top of the transmission, I think that has deteriorated and wasn't there something on top of that also? While I have it apart what should I be doing with that to make it nice?

Thanks again. Jay