Thread: 1960 k1001
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1960 k1001

Quote:
Still doing complete brake system and that's not interesting to anyone. Need to inspect front spindles, etc as Barry mentioned. Got all the retaining rings off but lock gear "stuck" like others have been. Waiting for book to show up so I will feel better about jerking on things in there. I have a feeling that 1960 being the first year, there are things on this truck that got changed/improved maybe even in 61? that spiral retaining ring was not the best idea. (Warn hubs) My book is 1960 specific, if I ever get it. Media mail!!!!
WRONG! Lots of lurkers have no idea how to do that so posting your progress, even on stupid stuff (in my thread I'm painting wheels, lol) is helpful. You'd be surprised the PMs you get from people out of the blue about the stuff you never even thought about.

I tore my hubs apart with Barry's help this past spring. Check my build for part numbers and how to avoid frustrations. Easy peasy. Those retaining rings were weird, but they work. I couldn't even FIND mine when I started LOL. Barry, JB, and GMCDAC (iirc) just about beat me with a wrench trying to show me where they were over the internet. I was clueless.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

. Search Knuckle and it'll show up. I think it starts on page 31.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.