View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2016, 07:58 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 1960 Pick up VIN location

Now we are getting somewhere. Good solid info gmccollector! I have come to the conclusion (I believe it's what gmccollector said) that 60 has all-in-one, GVW and serial on one plate at kick panel. 61's, if they are not left over/buy back 60's, have all-in-one, GVW and serial on A pillar. Some so called 60's were built in late 60 as 61's with 61 plates. The 61 style plate may have continued until a little later when two tags were used, a serial number tag on pillar and a GVW tag on kick panel. It seems like the 60 to 61 transition has a rivet change also, away from the 55-60 style. Some plates were indeed welded but either rusted or fell off sometimes. I have noticed the A pillar serial number tags sometimes carry the DD (Delivery Date) embossed. This area very seldom got completed with date. Thanks again for good clarification by gmccollector.
The "N" series does not allow us to identify 1960 dealer left overs and 1960 October, Nov, Dec built 61's, except maybe the build quantity number.....and the plates!

Last edited by AZKen; December 1st, 2016 at 08:33 PM.