Thread: My '65 GMC
View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2016, 05:11 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My '65 GMC

Quote:
GMC used the Pontiac v8 thru 59. I think the 336 was the same block as 389. If I was going to do a heart transplant, I would go with a 389 with a tri power set up. The you would not be accused of using a boring Chevy small block. And would be stay closer to The GMC roots. But I can make anything over complicated and cost to much. What ever you do you will be saving another classic GMC.
The 336 was a GMC exclusive even though it was based on the Pontiac V8. As Pontiac increased the displacement of their V8's to 370 and later to 389. GMC was concerned that the larger displacement would be too hard on the rest of the running gear so they opted to 336 ci for displacement. There were actually two different bore and stroke combinations that were used for the 336, one was based off the 370 and the other was based off the 389

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?