View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2015, 10:06 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC 4000
Bigben88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 gmc 4000 cab swap

All depends what you want to do with it. I always use the "tool" approach. You buy tools to match the job that needs to be done. So if you want it on the road just to say you drive/own a b model GMC then get it running and road worthy and have a good time. If you want to be able to roll up at a light and smoke someone then build accordingly. Personally with the GMC 4000 above, my goal was to have a truck that I can take anywhere with the reliability and some features of a modern day truck. Thus, why I'm shortening the frame, updating suspension and gear and dropping a diesel motor in it, throwing a flatbed on and going to work. I'll try and post some pics when I can but I only get to it about every other month as I'm in the military and I'm gone a lot. The main consideration you should make with these old "working" trucks is that they were/are designed to work and move loads accordingly. With motor, transmission and gearing just realize your not going to break records. 45 to 50 mph is fast for these boys. If you want more than that you will have to consider some changes from motor on back.