View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:43 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gear Reduction Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenajim View Post
Guys, any other suggestions? Thus far every avenue I have explored has been a "no can do". I keep coming back to changing the "adapter plate" to accomodate the GMC bolt pattern ... I know it may be problematic but unless anyone else out there had a better suggestion ...
I'm not sure you could even fabricate an adapter plate for the starter.

You have a K1500, so that should have a 305 or 351 in it (unless you put something else in) which wasn't a gear reduction as far as I know... I have a few motors out here and the only ones I have seen gear reduction were Chrysler products...

I'd say you could take a look at some of the Chevy starters, and remove the nose piece off of one and replace it with the nose piece off of your old starter, if that was an option (my neighbor did that in reverse, used one of my 305 starters and put his Chevy nose on it)
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500