View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:20 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An old man's journey with GMC 702 V12s

Quote:
Great thread..
As far as "crossing paths someday"......I'm thinkin that most real GMC guys go to heaven, if they're not already there. Make no mistake, I ain't claimin' to know everything........but I sure have heard a lot of 'em talkin to God when they're fixin' their trucks.
We'll get to cross paths sometime.....no doubt about it.
Thanks again, 'Yote.

LOL, I agree!
I guessing by your avatar, you've worked in the oil patch or somewhere around hi-pressure lines?

BTW.....2000 GPM under who knows how much head psi is an incredible amount of work.
Unbelievable !!
It was also pushing that water down line, maybe, up to a mile. Have gated pipe on the end out into the water furrows. Better make sure to have enough gates open to discharge, when you cranked up. As the water got further down the line, you could hear the motor loading up, then when the line was full, air pushed out, and water out all the gates, it would then level off.

I don't ever remember seeing a gauge at the pump. We were suppose to gradually increase RPM until the pipes were full, but we have blown some lines apart by increasing throttle too fast.

At night, the exhaust manifolds would be glowing cherry-red. If a cylinder was getting weak, there would be a darker spot on the manifold.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.