View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default 1964 3/4 ton - finally home!

Well, while I was away at the Charlotte Motor Fest swap meet in Charlotte NC this past week, my 1964 3/4 ton GMC finally made it home. I had it delivered by a driver through U-Ship.com. It is a very cool truck - its had 3 Southwestern Kansas owners - 1st owner bought it new in Ulysses Kansas in 1964 w/ a factory or Dealer installed camper on it, and in 1967 he sold it back to the original GMC dealer salesman who sold it to him. The salesman wanted it for fishing trips and camping too, and he used it for exactly that from 1967-2009. During these first years the truck was only driven 54,000 miles or so. In 2009 a man who has been on this forum (Alan Stephenson) bought it, and drove it around another 30K or so and it now has 86,000 on the 305 V6. Alan actually tried to sell the truck to the 6066 members in 2010 or 2011, but no takers. Boy am I glad. This truck was so well kept and preserved it has 100% of its factory Terrace Blue and White two-tone paint, no dents ever, and is as clean and rust free as you will ever see. To top it off it is very well optioned - 305E w/ SM420, factory Powerlock positraction 4:11 Dana, factory Power steering, Power Brakes, deluxe heater, custom equipment, chrome bumpers and guards, hazard switch, dual gas tanks, dual horns and dealer installed A/C. Alan removed the camper in 2009 when he got it, and the original GMC salesman went into his barn loft and retrieved the NOS pull-off tailgate, trunions, and chains he had saved for all these years. So the tailgate is of course in mint shape w/ un-rusted chains and has only been on the truck for 5 years of the trucks life. Since it was protected by the camper all its life the inside of the bed is perfect - dent free and rust free w/ some of the original Black paint still on the wood floor. Paint on the top of the cab is like new because the camper's overhang covered it. I got back Saturday and it was waiting for me in my friends' driveway - he said I would be shocked at how nice it cranks and drives, and boy was he ever right. I would not hesitate to drive this truck to California from Alabama in a heartbeat. I drove this thing all over the county the past two days and it is simply incredible. I did learn it is a gas hog - some of you mentioned driving 305E V6's will make you go bankrupt paying for gas....you are right. in less than two days and driving no real distance I drove out 3/4 of the 22 gallons I just put in the main tank. I will take some pics tomorrow and share more on this cool "barn find" with you guys.....

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)