Thread: 1966 c20
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:17 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1966 c20

So I finished the rebuild today, and WOOOOOHOOOOO it started with the first turn of the key! But now it's definitely leaking gas and I'm not sure if it's the carb gasket or if it's the new fuel filter. The carb doesn't back fire, but when I turn it off it does smoke for a couple minutes.

The whole carb and obvious wet spot (all gas)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The wet gasket (wet along the edges)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Bigger picture

Before the fuel filter was just screwed in, so I removed it and added a rubber gasket (neoprene) in between, and it still leaked! I'm not sure where it's coming from and I don't think it would be the gasket, though it's a definite possibility. I'm going to re-adjust the floats to sit lower in the bowl and see if that fixes it, if not, I'm lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.