Thread: 1960 k1001
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:32 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 1960 k1001

Unconventional for sure. Wanted to see if my theory on fixing leak without removing all, would work. Finished 4X4 hubs, packed bearings and all that. Re-assembled both fronts. Filled knuckle with grease and 140 WT. Driver leaked even that stuff. So decided to put new rubber and felt without disturbing all I had done. Well, it came apart easy. So my theory was correct. A few notes: Don't do it.

The whole deal is Very Heavy and I will probably have an enormous time getting it back, Gotta think on it, Will use a jack to slide in. Had to try it. Glad I did it because Knuckle bearings were shot. One cup split, one cage broken. Other side will be easier because of short axle shaft. I thought I was going to have to move the house to clear the driver side axle shaft. Loooooooong! Anyway enjoy laughing at me, I'm with you. Left the heavy brake drum on to protect brake shoes and parts. It will be off when installing. That will save some weight!!! I almost fell over pulling it out, for real.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00250.JPG (2.01 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSC00251.JPG (2.19 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSC00257.JPG (2.17 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSC00259.JPG (2.22 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSC00260.JPG (2.17 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)

Last edited by AZKen; November 21st, 2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: clarify