View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2017, 02:18 AM

Truck: 1963
gmcdan1963 is on a distinguished road
Default '65 Dash Cluster Wiring Terminals

Hi all, I'll ask my question first, and post some back story to help clarify my intentions.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads, what Delphi Packard style wiring terminal is used on the gauge cluster pigtail? I'm specifically looking for the female round terminals that are in the gray circular plug.

I bought an American Autowire 22 circuit universal harness (new in the box) at an estate auction for a little less than 1/2 the best sale price I've seen. It uses GM wiring color coding and is top quality. I've used their direct fit harnesses before, and don't mind crimping the terminals myself.

I've completely removed all the rat's nest hack job wiring from previous owners (including some household wires and romex). None of the lights or gauges worked, and it's surprising the truck actually ran.

The wiring going to the gauge cluster was spliced into and I just want to replace it all. I've had issues with wires arcing and causing shorts under the dash when I was younger, and don't want the same experiences for the young owner of the truck.

I want to leave the wires from the new harness long enough that if the factory gauge cluster (and a spare from a '63 parts truck) don't work, I can cut the newly installed terminals and use the same wires to hook up after market gauges.
This would replace all the original wiring, so no splicing would be necessary and it would remove the 50+ year old wires that feel a little stiff when bending them.

My issue is finding the factory style terminals that fit. I'm most likely going to have to order the terminals online, and was hoping to get them on the fist attempt.

I already own the crimping tools, so that's not an issue.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170504_17_53_15_Pro.jpg (1.09 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)