View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2016, 04:04 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who needs strobe lights? AKA Headlights flickering on high-beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
If it was just shorting somewhere, would it still cause the load noise in the alternator? I guess I had assumed if it was a short somewhere that the lights might play up, but that there wouldn't be any alternator whine.

I know nothing about electrical magic though, so I'm happy to be educated LOL
Absolutely. If it's drawing from that little kick button straight through to the floor it may be pulling all the amps it can pull just to get the lights burning. Same with any decent sized wire touching the body. If it was a small wire shorting it may just burn through instead of drawing a heavy load.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.