View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:36 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum browsing problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bongert View Post
Greetings Doug!

If you go to your 'options' area of your browser, you should be able to find your privacy settings. Now, each browser will be a little different, but basically the same in principle. Regarding your slow computer response time, have you run any cleanup utilities to purge your computer of junk and temporary files? These files are created every time you go to various websites etc, and there is a lot of nifty free software availble from cnet.com that you can download and install on your computer. Two that I can highly recommend are Glary Utilities, and Eusing Free Registry cleaner. I ran these on my computer, and you will be amazed at how much junk accumulates in your hard drive over time that will slow your computer down. Like you, I too was "computer illiterate" once upon a time, but just by trying new things, I've gotten the hang of it, and in the words of a computer tech who is a friend of mine said that I've gotten pretty computer savvy. Don't let your computer scare you--you really can't do too much to screw it up. Good luck.
Thanks again George, I run an Avast cleanup and virus blocker and do the scans often. It seems the later at night I go on this site, the better it works but I can't stay up too late anymore---LOL! Computers don't scare me a bit, I've got hammers that can fix them for good!

I'll just try to come on a little later in the evening.

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday