View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2017, 04:17 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Muncie 4spd to NP440 conversion 66 GMG 3/4 ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzoman View Post
Yes the 305 E is an fine engine and is very industrial , will pull a cow off the moon or an elephant up a hill or tree w/ no problems . And VERY dependable .

I had an camper on mine for yrs and later the 292 was great altho not really fast but then again it was all stock .
Hopefully the 350 will be a bit more power or at least quicker .
Where in Oregon are you / I have friends up in Newberg and Im supposed to go there for an funeral Jan 28th but the weather threatens like with the salt on the roads is a deal breaker for me . Im in Calif near san fran.
Yeah, the 305 is small and slow for it's weight, and that's the main turn off. Though it does a heck of a job for it's size, and a little more fuel and less back pressure seems to wake them up nicely. I went with 3 different carb stages on a 292 and then went with a full hopped up rebuild on another. Love those engines. Most simple and easiest truck engine I have ever worked on.
I am in Cave Junction, I mapped Newberg and I am 4 hours South. You'll be up near the Portland area. You'll pass through Grants Pass on your way if you take the 5 North. I am 36 miles from Grants Pass. If you happen to have time drop in, always wanting to meet more members. Sorry to hear about the funeral. Will keep you and the family in my prayers.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.