View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2016, 04:34 PM

Truck: 1965
Sonic65 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 77 C10 Front end into 66 Burb Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCustoms View Post
Thanks For the info Sonic. What is "everything" tho? I have factory power steering, do I need to pull the 77 steering box, pump, lines, pitman & idler?
GBCustoms,
My truck had manual steering, so I used the 75's gearbox as well as all the other components....pitman, idler, center link etc. I found there was a difference in hole diameters between the 65 and 75's components. The fact you have factory power steering makes your setup different than mine. I do know that AutoZone lists different part numbers for a 65 than a 75. I would pop a tie rod loos on each truck and take some measurements of the parts and note the difference.

By no means am I an expert on this subject, I only know what I had to deal with. Also, I bought new tie rod ends, idler arm since they wear and I did not want to put loose parts on my truck. Not to mention all-new MOOG bushings, etc. I basically rebuilt the front end during this particular conversion. I used the 75's brake lines and proportioning valve and brake booster. I bought a rebuilt master cylinder.

John