View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:19 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Calling all Air Cleaners

Great pictures! Did not realize the oil bath went into 65. Here is what I think is stock 60 oil bath. I have three different pix of 1960. All have the breather caps on the valve covers. These are from the internet. The bright red one is a 1961. At some point the oil bath went from bucket to pancake. Can we obviously say that anything with a snorkel is a non oil bath? So far Ed has shown that the change to filament was 1966.

I think it is really neat to see James' motor with the York A/C. Would like to see all the mounting features on that. Looks like they cutout the shroud to clear pulleys. Very interesting vintage A/C for 305.

KEEP THE PIX COMING, EVERYBODY. Any documentation, RPO info or history of the GMC Air Cleaner/PCV evolution is appreciated. The 305 has crankcase ventilation valves inside the valve cover that everyone should know about and be sure they are cleaned out and operating. I learned about those on this site. One on each bank in my 63 motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960GMC Air Cleaner.jpg (60.7 KB, Multiple views, 18 clicks)
File Type: jpg 1960GMCAircleaner.jpg (47.6 KB, Multiple views, 18 clicks)
File Type: jpg 1960GMCSteering.jpg (56.9 KB, Multiple views, 22 clicks)
File Type: jpg 1961GMCheaterhoserouting.jpg (33.8 KB, Multiple views, 19 clicks)

Last edited by AZKen; September 4th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.