View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Truck: 66 Longbed
tatastruck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with gauge wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycow View Post
After looking at your pictures, I think the answer I gave you isn't the one you are looking for. In the first pic, is the round thing with wires coming out of it the instrument cluster connector? And are you saying the other end of the green wire is just hanging free and not connected to anything?

If yes to both, the quick and dirty fix: Extend that green wire, run it though any convenient hole in the firewall, and connect it to the temp sender.

The "correct" fix: Find the green wire on the engine harness firewall connector. On the cabin side of the firewall, run a new wire from that terminal of the firewall connector to the cluster connector. On the engine side, find the green wire and see if it is long enough to reach the sender. If it isn't, replace the wire with a new one.

If the above still isn't what you are looking for, please tell me what you need to know.

On the second pic, I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for, and the pic is too fuzzy to see much detail.

Ray
Ray you're dead on. The wire is broken and I can see both ends under the dash. I can't see where it comes out into engine compartment. That's what I need a pic of. I want to test the wire to see if there is contunity before I repair under the dash. So I need pics of where the sender is located and where the wire comes through firewall