Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 62 GMC build

I decided it was time to soften the ride a little.
As I mentioned before its days of hard work are over and I wouldn't mind it sitting a little lower. It has a lotta rake and it is still pretty firm with too much rebound.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I already removed the quarter eliiptic helpers which has no effect on ride height but did effect ride.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Next to go are these coil over/helper spring/shock absorbers...

I have a pair of stock Jeep(TJ) rear springs but I already know they are too soft.
I also have a pair of newer Jeep(JK) springs for a 4door Rubicon. They are longer and a thicker coil. Neither of them look like much compared to the stock spring.

I had a couple sets of shocks with potential but the KYB gas adjusts are pretty close to the right length.

So I slapped it all together... The 50 year old bolts didn't give too big of a fight and I'm not bleeding

BEFORE

AFTER