Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:31 AM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 62 GMC build

I took the intake and valve covers off to see if the all-thread that was in the motor did any obvious damage

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

No sludge!
The intake gaskets were wet with fuel and the bolts weren't very tight. The vacuum line going to the tranny was loose also.
I decided to change the plugs while I was rooting around in that greasy mess. I was about half way done when I noticed this

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I pulled a plug out of each spare motor and they were long like the new ones so I proceeded. I also checked part numbers on Rock Auto and didn't see a year difference.
When I was done it ran and shifted much better!

I also wanted to lower the front a little so I turned the torsions down some...then I went some more just to see how it would look. I decided to put the TJ rear coils in...

I like it! The nice thing is I can put the stock springs and shocks in the rear and crank up the torsions in about 20 minutes and it would be back to a functioning ¾ ton truck.