View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:53 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spun a rod bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubarlow View Post
George: This is not my first rodeo. I know the sound a spun rod bearing makes and stopped driving the truck before major damage was done (I hope). In any case, I was thinking about doing a full tear down and rebuild just because you never know what little surprises are in store with a 50 + year old engine. This just gives me an excuse. You never know, it COULD be something else (like a loose pressure plate or something). My buddy replaced the transmission about a year ago, and I have NO IDEA if he torqued the bolts down on the pressure plate or not. He is a Golf Cart mechanic, and some auto repairs are just a bit out of his league (He calls me frequently for advice).

Greetings again hubarlow!

I didn't figure it was your first rodeo, and if I insulted your intelligence, I apologize. It's just that sometimes it doesn't take very much to do more damage than one anticipates.