View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Only had a couple of hours to get anything done on the truck this weekend, so other than pulling the radiator, I decded to take out the old rubber floor mat and get ready to put the 40/20/40 seats in I acquired.

So, i pulled these pieces on both sides...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

...to reveal this unexpected rust.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Not a body guy, so I don't know what needs to be done to repair those sections. Weld in new rocker panels? Patch pieces?

Went on to discover a few more holes under the rubber mat.

I found this odd...was tar paper a source of sound deadner back in the day? applied to the floor with tar?

I would like to take care of the floors issues before putting the seats in, but I need to haul a few things before the end of the week, so I'll be putting in the seats and pulling them back out later to address the ventilation issues...if the radiator can be salvaged.