View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:26 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

As stated in another thread...but I wanted to consolidate to my build thread.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

"I did a lot of wire wheeling, degreasing, and metal prep on my floors. Then gave POR15 a go. I think it turned out good ...for now. When its time to fix things up right and I have learned a lot more, I can go back and cut out the bad spots and properly patch. For now, on the largest hole, I simply coated a piece of metal with the POR and between coats on the floor, screwed it down, and added another coat to everything. Right of wrong, I think I've stopped my floor pan rust for now. "

Some before's and after's are attached...for you Fetch!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

With the largest hole shown in black and exposed is after one coat. With the hole covered is after the second coat.

I think the passenger side was in the worst shape due to a leaking heater core at some point in the trucks history. I also learned with all the recent rain that water is getting into the cab where the windshield wiper motor is mounted. So, I guess I need to pull that and put a new seal on it. I see where it is bolted under the dash, but I am not sure how to pull the vented piece between the hood and windshield to disconnect the wiper arms from it.

Also, while rewiring my lights...still in progress, parts should be in today

...I wanted to pull the white bar part of the grill that wraps around the headlights and has the GMC beneath it, but for the life of me I cannot see how that piece is mounted. Any tips??? The headlight bezels were rusting pretty good on the back side, so I addressed that and figured I might as well pull that whole section while I have it partially apart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14380486442_4c3e01e817.jpg (110.9 KB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)
File Type: jpg 14402086863_1b481f9397.jpg (73.0 KB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)
File Type: jpg 14381911775_1062c2c9de.jpg (78.9 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 14380945754_26e669c62f.jpg (70.5 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 14381911875_88c584d864.jpg (66.0 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)