View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
As stated in another thread...but I wanted to consolidate to my build thread.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Also, while rewiring my lights...still in progress, parts should be in today

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

...I wanted to pull the white bar part of the grill that wraps around the headlights and has the GMC beneath it, but for the life of me I cannot see how that piece is mounted. Any tips??? The headlight bezels were rusting pretty good on the back side, so I addressed that and figured I might as well pull that whole section while I have it partially apart.
You are going to love this...

There are 4 bolts holding that assembly in place. 2 on each side.
They go into it from the backside. I think both bolts each side are accessible from the inside of the front fender well.
Or...
One each side from inside of fender, and one each side from inside the engine compartment.
Its been a while since I removed/replaced one.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500