View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:04 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GMC for sale on Hemmings - Weatherstripping question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
As I was going through the pictures I noticed something odd, the owner had weather striping ALL the way around his door, but just the cab. I've never seen that before and don't know if it "correct", but if it works, it works. However, I do question that the nut and bolt redo hit $80.000, not calling him out, just hard to imagine - shop labor rates must be really high where he is at.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...d/1858491.html
Well, all 1960-61 GMC models did indeed have a second door mounted weatherstrip in the shape of the one you show here, but they attached to the door with screws at either end and did not circle the entire inner door shell in this way - just 2/3 of it - starts around the lower vent window somewhere and goes up and over the door window area and down the side of the inner door to a point and stops. Not sure why this owner made it go all the way around

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)