View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2014, 08:01 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
I've seen kids throw them away for less than that, but I've seen guys patch much bigger than that. If it was me I'd try to clean all the rust off then weld up the holes. A flapdisk and a wire wheel (15.00 or so for both) would clean them up pretty good. WDShaffer is the paint and body guy to go to for tips there. Do you know how to weld any?
Sadly no, even though my dad is a welder, I never learned from him as a kid...better late than never though right!?! Of course we live 10 hours apart now. I won't see the folks again until May. However, he may have some equipment he can let go of.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Got some wire wheels I used to when restoring my grandfather's Shopsmith last fall. May get to use that to rip some wood for the bed...maybe.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

think I saw some drawings for that on here somewhere.