View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2015, 04:19 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

Alright! So, In one of those videos you'll here me talk about a blown head gasket...well...fast forward to last week end and my ordered head gaskets came in along with a set of intake gaskets from felpro. Sunday after church with some help from a friend I dismantled the engine enough to pull that one head off and low and behold..It WASN'T a blown head gasket. Here I am like NO!!! 4 hours of labor to find this!!!! lol Well...it was fun and very greasy. haha And I got winded lifting that head outta there but was able to mange alone...somehow...so anyway...come to find out the valley pan gasket is gone...pretty much sucked in by the engine and spit out...so of course I didn't have one so I'm like "Oh, but I got lots a silicon!!!"

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

lol. So...gooooed it up real good and threw it back on...put the head back on...torqued it down(making up my own pattern. lol Seems fine so far) and put the valve train back together...adjusted the valves on both sides....hook up my hoses and start pouring anti freeze in and I'm wondering why my pants are wet....well...that big ol harrison blew a hole. Crap!!! lol So fast forward to today and I throw in my 64 chevy's old radiator in there...hook everything up and Walla!!! No leaks!!!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

(music dies) except for a crusty old lower rad hose that's dripping a bit...but quick enough. Ah well...get a new one from Napa and redrain the water for the 4th time. lol So, next on the list...Carb kit!!! New air cleaner...better oil...and drive drive drive!!! But for now...she's running wonderfully again! And I'm excited for out next drive. Video tomorrow guys.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (1.67 MB, Multiple views, 33 clicks)

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.