Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:06 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 62 GMC build

Quote:
Few bucks?!?! Now you speaka' my language!

Great price and it lets you add more taxing things to your system if you care to later on (ac, etc).
yeah, I'm trying not to get too financially deep into this one. It keeps it fun. Ironically the things that are cool about this truck are also it's limitations. Hard to find parts for engine, quirky trans that not many people know how to work on, early model suspension with no aftermarket support(unless you convert to 6 lug), power steering and brakes that would be a shame to delete for something modern, etc...
I know it sounds like I'm complaining... I'm being realistic. The power drums work great and so does the power steering(even though it is 108⅜ turns lock to lock), the paint is nice enough to get looks but not worry about, and it makes decent power and shifts good enough
Quote:
Man I wish Cecilia's paint looked so good

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It looks good from a few feet but there are a lotta chips(some silver dollar size) and what little body work there is was done pretty badly, as well as the cheap paint job with no primer under it. If I hit this with a pressure washer it would be missing much of it's paint and the 2-tone under it is a really ugly combination, not to mention some of the new colors over it.

I don't think I have $2000 into this truck and I enjoy the heck out of it. I have about that much in all the missing trim and back seat for my 63 Nova SS convertible project.