Old March 8th, 2022, 03:23 PM

Truck: 1963 GMC c2500
Gwhizzard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project Blown 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttyman9 View Post
A good deal of progress was made.
And then sorta undone.

I picked up 2 478’s. One rebuild and one crusty.
Stripped the crusty one and sold the rebuilt one.

A barn fire happened, killed a few engines and I’m uncertain if the crank or block is still usable…
I still have the initial 305. Since then I’ve developed a turbo kit for it I developed a lot of other parts through 3d printing but a few have stalled due to not having a good place to send parts to be cast. (4bbl intake manifold, water pump less front cover, valley cover, etc…)
I was under the impression someone could make a custom flywheel that would then be available off the shelf.
Sadly as soon as I spent the cash for the bellhousing adapter for the S6-750 from a 6.0 ford diesel they went MIA and without a flywheel I’m dead in the water on that project.
The supercharged option is still on the table but the turbo stuff was far cheaper and it is definitely an exciting one.

I’m at least closer to a driving 4x4 truck with a K20 chassis now ready to go under my C20 body but it’s got a 454 in it and I’ll probably keep that for a little while because I really need a 4x4.

None of this project has gone as planned in terms of procuring it all. it seems between bad natural events and people who don’t follow through I’ve been having a **** of a time.

Between that and all the other vehicle projects I’ve been “distracted” (I’m up to 16 vehicles total)

Sorry to hear about the fire! and any of those designs can you post up for others to see? I don't wanna steal thunder but we might all be able to help and reap the rewards from it. I'm actually looking into doing this as well and build something similar just waiting until after i finish up other projects