View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:19 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
POWERSTROKE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for a list of shop rates or hours per repair.1965 I-1000 fleetside

Had a shop do exactly what your wanting to do a year ago. I supplied new preformed stainless steel brake lines from Classic Tubing, $330 kit includes shipping. I also supplied the new replacement frt wheel calipers and all three flexible brake lines. The shop supplied the new master cylinder and new rear wheel cylinders. The shop also serviced the air conditioning.
Brake labor was 6-1/2 hours at $80/hrs for $520. Rear wheel cylinders $13.99 each, master cylinder $52.57. 2 quarts brake fluid at $4.99/quart, $9.98. AC work was $79.95. Total bill was $728.46 plus my $100 of frt calipers and $350 of brake lines and hoses. I think I got a good deal.
Truck was a 1996 F-250 regular cab 4wd 5-speed long box. Truck had 301,000 miles on it. It had new brake shoes & pads & rotors around 250,000 miles so didn't need drums, rotors, or pads & shoes.
I know I could not have replaced all the brake lines in 6-1/2 hours getting up off my creeper and getting back down after getting a tool.

Another shop I kinda wanted to do the work, took me three visits during normal business hours to find somebody to talk to. Guy was kinda short with me. $95/hour labor, plus they would not use my brake lines, they would make their own and refused to make them from stainless so that was enough for me to reject them from working on my truck. FOREVER!

The local O'Reilly highly recommended the shop I used. Local guys with rare and interesting cars seem to have him work on their stuff. He serviced a nice Mercury XR4TI last time I was there while the owner & I talked.