Thread: 1960 k1001
View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:09 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 1960 k1001

I've done a lot of searching to find parts at O'Reilly's, Napa, Rockauto for the truck. Local places don't have info that far back but I've been able to get PN's from this site, the old parts and other places and convert to available parts at Local Auto Parts stores where I can compare and make sure it's correct and take it back if it does not fit. O'Reilly's is great for that but I find my own parts from their website and tell them the number. Telling them I have a 1960GMC K1001 is no good. Example: 1960 front inner wheel bearing and cup for 4X4: same as 1972 Chevy K10. Could not find it under 1960 GMC K1000. So if anyone needs Part Numbers, or where to buy, I'll be glad to try and help. I'm getting good at finding parts. The places I've listed above, Ebay, Amazon and some other web sites use industry part numbers and you can trace it to a local store which has the part but their database lists it for some other vehicle you would never find. Some of them list the sizes of the part and that helps also. To me it's fun to find them. The "classic truck parts" guys and others, convert to their part number so you can't go around them. I have received a lot of help from members on this site also. Thanks to all.

Last edited by AZKen; November 1st, 2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: add info