View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2015, 03:19 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default New distributors for a 305E?

Is there anyone that makes them? Or is there anyone who makes the Vacuum Advance Pump? My old one isn't moving back and forth and its causing the engine to have a terrible idle. Its a weird one to...has little hose ports on the front and back...ones I'm used to only have one hose connection...I tried one off of a 6 cylinder distributor(it only had a single hose connection) and the engine would run but it had a constant "advance retard advance retard" in other words...the little lever would constantly be moving the points back and forth and back and forth...so...I assume it has to have the original one with 2 hose connections....would like to just put a whole darn new points dizzy in there and get it over with, but if a reman advance pump is available that would be cool. Have called Napa about parts for the 305 in the past and they had troubles. lol Thanks for any info.

EDIT: Found one at Auto Zone. On its way and will be here Wednesday. Good to go guys so far. Let ya know this coming weekend when I put it in.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TJ's GMC; May 25th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.