Thread: 1960 k1001
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:36 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 1960 k1001

Thanks FMAP. I just got a 305E, saw it run. It's dirty, grimy. Can't stand that. trying to get the monster on my engine stand to clean, check things, gasketize it, paint and run it. So hard to deal with by myself but I'm getting there. Busted the rubber off the mounts, dang it! So anyway, now I have two V6's, a runner E and a parts A. A month ago I couldn't even spell V6. Camera broke and it takes me forever to study and buy something. Will have pics soon. Still doing complete brake system and that's not interesting to anyone. Need to inspect front spindles, etc as Barry mentioned. Got all the retaining rings off but lock gear "stuck" like others have been. Waiting for book to show up so I will feel better about jerking on things in there. I have a feeling that 1960 being the first year, there are things on this truck that got changed/improved maybe even in 61? that spiral retaining ring was not the best idea. (Warn hubs) My book is 1960 specific, if I ever get it. Media mail!!!!

Last edited by AZKen; September 8th, 2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: clarify