Thread: My '65 GMC
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2016, 09:28 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My '65 GMC

Quote:
I appreciate the thought of using a Pontiac motor, however I realy like the dependability and easy parts availability of the Chevy SB. Plus there is also the fuel economy to consider. I want to drive this thing and I am not a purist by any stretch of the imagination. If I had a good V6 I would almost certainly keep it.

It is like the old saying "Anyone can restore a car but it takes a real man to cut one up." LOL

All the best!

Mike
I don't know if I'd take that saying To seriously. lol The Common thing is to cut one up and modify. The Rare thing is to leave them be. But in your situation I understand. Hope the build goes well and have lot's of fun with it. Be sure to post some pictures!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

EDIT: "If I had a good v6 I would most certainly keep it."

Have you considered finding a replacement?

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.