View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2016, 01:21 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMC photos from history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Wow, what a clean one! Back in the day when you could leave the key in the ignition, radio on, doors open; without a dang dinger going off.

I see he has a piece of wood on the boat for mounting a motor. He must of hauled the motor inside the truck.
The only vehicle we have that dinger problem with is the wife's! Mine are too old--LOL! That's a pretty hi-res pic for facebook and I studied it enlarged but can't identify a motor but the gas can says there must be one in the truck.

Incidentally we still use one of those wide-visor Coleman lanterns just like that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
I don't have any photos "from the day" in my collection, but I can share photos of what used to be my fleet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
Part two:
these are "historic" for me since a little over half are gone now.
No picture of the '65 I had though. At one time, 1960-1966,1968,1969. Tried to collect a whole set.
Thanks for those great pics of your GMC history David! I hope ones that leave your fleet are being brought back to life again. The '66 with the topper really grabbed my eye. I would like to have one from every era but that's pretty unrealistic! I need to fill the 60-66 void some day, to have 3 consecutive eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
Doug --

That photo of the guy camping reminded me of an old photo, probably taken back in the 1980s, of my Dad's one ton Suburban at his cabin on Beaver Lake, NW Arkansas. This is one of my favorite photos.
Great place, great truck, Ed! I think I said before that the story that goes with your Dad's one ton combined with it being in the family still makes it about the best GMC time capsule ever in my book! Amazing truck!

Here's one from my past that recently surfaced from one of my sisters. This '60 in the background is responsible for my Mom's then my GMC addiction.
My Grandparents and I'm the kid behind Grandma. Probably taken 1960 or '61.

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JP and Claudia Davis Crawford.jpg (3.16 MB, Multiple views, 22 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday