Thread: Research help
View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2022, 08:15 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Research help

A carryall is referred to by many as the GMC version of a Suburban. Is that what you have? I ask because you said "bed" not rear floor. This club is kind of a "keep it mostly original" place. If you want hot rod/restomod/modification/swap/hiPo info...go to a site like the Stovebolt. They have sections for all that and specific 60-66 and panel/suburbans. Chevy is basically the same.
You are contemplating a whole lot of work, expense and risk of building a nightmare depending on your skills. BUT, I've done similar to 55-59 suburbans and panels. So not against it. But being a more rare GMC, the first year of new design, two year only hood and not use the BBV6, others will think ill of the idea and I have to back them.

You can PM me if you wish. There is no such thing as a silly question re: restoration/refurbish/preserve/modify/upgrade/fix/parts/advice/opinion

Swapping the entire 60 chassis for a later A arm/coil spring style will have many more aftermarket suspension/brake upgrade opportunities. Torsion bar is a good front suspension but little or no mods/upgrade available.

Last edited by AZKen; October 31st, 2022 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding thoughts