Thread: New gas tank
View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Truck: 1965 gmc wideside
randallgrunert is on a distinguished road
Default New gas tank

hello fellow V6ers. Don't know if any of you have installed on of those between the rails gas tanks yet. My suggestion is don't. First the straps they send will not bolt up in the right location to allow the filler and vent lines to connect. I cut the cross rail so that the tank would bolt directly to the lower side of my frame. Next comes the filler tube. This sets the filler coming over the top of the frame. After several hours of fit and reject I finally cut the filler tube at about an 18 degree angle and tig welded a piece of pipe to allow the filler to be installed in the bed just behind the rear of the drivers side inner fender. I used a Perko filler with a vent tube assembly. I could of installed the filler directly to the tank fill but would of lost the vent. After all the work I feel that it would have been easier to have a tank custom built. The system I installed will work but was a lot more work than it is worth. If any one is interested I will load pictures of my install. and would appreciate any pictures of other installs. Wishing all a happy, safe and great 4th celebration.