View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:16 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Had a couple of spare keys made today.

The kid at Ace Hardware couldn't figure out which blank to use. Only one key on the rack looked like mine so I pointed at that one and said, "Maybe that one?"
He gave me that "I know what I'm doing" look and kept looking through the blanks.

He then grabbed a key from some truck in the 80's or late 70's and said, "Lets try this."
It looked nothing like my key. Did it work?
Nope.

So being an intelligent man of many months of keymaking experience and whatever knowledge he gleaned from his day job as a high school student, he proceeded to pull out his IPhone and said, "Siri, what is the key blank for a 1962 GMC K1000?"

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Siri told him "B10".

He hung up on her (or ended her, whatever) and grabbed the key blank I had originally pointed to and said, "Well, I guess this is it."

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Worked perfectly.