View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2017, 07:11 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: West Coast Mini-Meet

I just spoke to a nice lady at the Antique Powerland. She said that the weekend of August 5th & 6th would be a perfect time for us to come since there's so much going on that weekend. See http://www.antiquepowerland.com/html/steam-up.html. She also said that it would be best if we would all meet somewhere else offsite first, then drive to the Powerland together so that we could all park together in their parking lot. She said all the museums onsite would be open, including the truck museum. There will be lots of food vendors too, so no need to pack picnic lunches.

Here is what I'd like to propose for those driving far enough to need an overnight stay (like me):
Drive to Salem on Saturday and stay here overnight: https://www.crosslandstudios.com/crossland-salem-north/. Meet in the parking lot Sunday morning (8 AM maybe?). Drive up Hiway 99E to Brooks and over to the Antique Powerland on the other side of the freeway. Park together in the parking lot there. Have our "mini-meet" right there by the trucks, then enter the Powerland to enjoy the show. Note the $12 entry fee.

If anyone wants to suggest a different hotel, a different place to meet, or a different schedule, this is your opportunity! We should make reservations soon before all the hotels in the area book up.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435

Last edited by Ed Snyder; July 7th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.