View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2023, 02:28 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need help with my front park lamps/turn signals. I have a 1966 1001 GMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquibdl View Post
That is an excellent idea. How do I locate the dome light wire at the head light switch. Does anybody have a pinout of the 66 GMC headlight switch? It would be nice to know where the dome light plugs into the headlight switch for power and ground connections.

I have removed the head light switch from the dash mounting hole and it is now just dangling there, does that mean that it no longer has a good ground connection? Since I have removed it from the chassis ground?
I do not have a 66 Manual. However on my 1964 manual the color of the wire is natural (what ever that means). Another way to know the color of the wire is, the wire from the dome light all the way to the headlight switch is a single color. So look at the dome light, you already know which side is hot, look at the ground side for the color of the wire and it will be the same at the switch.

Once the switch is removed from the dash there is no ground available. If you have a jumper lead, you can connect one end to the switch and the other end to a known good ground. Then operate the switch to the dome light position and it should come on.

Last edited by James; October 23rd, 2023 at 02:42 PM.