View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2015, 02:28 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My uber rare 1966 GMC Suburban Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
The Protect-o-Plate would come with the owner protection plan booklet when buying a new GMC truck. When I dig mine up I will post a pic.
Very interested in seeing your Protect-o-plate Pete - I have owned a dozen Chevy trucks with Protect-o-plates over the years, but never had a GMC with one. My 64 GMC had all its original ppwk, but I do not remember ever seeing a protect-o-plate with it if it was present. The glue would come undone and the plate will fall out of the book, or the section of the back cover its glued to will get bent back and forth enough over 40 years to break it off....most are lost forever. Since the stamping machine that created protect-o-plates was used by all GM divisions as a standard appliance, seems to me all plates on any car or truck should have the customers name and address on it....this is definitely the first one I ever heard of not having that information on it. Another mystery to ponder

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)