View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:10 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 305D V6 rebuild parts ? buyable ? ? Custom made ? ? ?

401 pistons are being reproduced at least for this displacement, there's a set of these on ebay. Talking about ebay a lot of other V6 engine parts like gaskets and bearings frequently show up. As far as valves you don't necessarily have to ones specific to the GMC V6, one member is using valves from a Caterpillar Diesel, the advantage there is eliminating the hollow stem sodium filled exhaust valves that snap from over-revving. NOS parts have definitely diminished over the last couple of years but with perserverence you can find them. I'm always searching and it's too the point I've got enough parts to fully rebuild a 351E, 401M and another 478M that I have. Mills engine in Louisiana had quite a few parts and even a fully rebuilt 379 about 2 years ago, problem was most of their pistons are standard size. Another source would be ThunderV12.com, true most of their parts are for the 702 V12 which shares many parts with the 351 V6 but they're basically remanufacturing the V12's.