View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:49 PM

Truck: 1960 fleetside
MrCos is on a distinguished road
Default new fuel tank options?

Hey folks!
I had a weird idea. Does anyone know of our trucks having a spare fuel tank on the driver's side in front of the wheel fender? Mine I think was a camper at some time ago. There is a lot of extra wires and plug at the rear bumper. I also have a fuel tank selector switch on the floor of the cab on the driver's side. The tank is a large cube looking tank maybe under 2' x 2' ?

Any who, I ran into a site which carries auxiliary fuel tanks and wondered for those like me who would like to remove the tank from the inside of the cab, would a combo in bed fuel tank/truck box be an option?? Has anyone ever thought about it, or hear someone using it as their primary fuel tank?

Thoughts on how it would look as opposed to the new tank that goes in between the frame towards the back end of the truck (with the bottom of the tank showing under the bumper in some instances)

I like the design, but worry it wouldn't be legal as a "replacement" option. The price is a little steep, but I might be interested in something like this.

www.transferflow.com/fuel-tanks/in-bed