View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:57 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: power brake booster/wheel cylinders/unknown part

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Wow....what a super cool 63 one ton truck. So the power booster is a dealer added "Hydrovac" unit and it is rebuildable - check in Hemmings Motor News under services offered and you will find plenty of brake booster rebuilders. Get your wallet out too - they do not rebuild them cheap. I do not know the answer to the wheel cyl question, and I have so far never seen whatever that cannister is you pointed out, but someone on this board will probably know....let me know if you decide to remove the A/C parts on it for any reason - like to upgrade to more modern A/C etc....I could use a compressor like that
I don't think it is necessarily a dealer addition. That is one of the "stock" options for the trucks. I'll have to pull the manual to be 100% certain, but I am pretty sure the GMC manuals do have instructions regarding this type.

And I know you meant 3/4 ton, not one ton...
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500