View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2014, 01:57 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: reproduction parts.

Good thread,
I don't buy tons of aftermarket parts but have never really had any substantial issues with any particular vendor.

I bought all new brake parts for my '55 GMC 3 or 4 years ago using Rock Auto for the drums and shoes. Master and wheel cylinder rebuild kits came from LMC as well as all of the cables to replace the old frozen up emergency brake stuff. All fit fine and still work great.

Both Door glass and one wing window from LMC for the '55 fit and look fine.

Gauge face decals, and a bunch of misc rubber components like clutch and brake pedal pads from "The Filling Station" all fit and look fine, great service.

Only small issue was door latches for the '55 from LMC. There was a "tab" on them that needed to be cut off for some reason and they have worked great for a few years now too.

I also have an upper grill bar and a front bumper for my '70 Jimmy from LMC, they look identical to the originals but they are not mounted yet to know if they will fit right.

I know there is more but can't think of it right now.

I have been buying a lot of parts and tools from Amazon lately too, for the wife and kids drivers. Everything has been fine so far, probably a couple thousand bucks in the last year. Glad they are paying for it!.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday

Last edited by GMCDAC; September 24th, 2014 at 02:03 AM.