View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Original paint schemes and colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
Curious Hantke do you know you have a picture of a Chevrolet C10 and this is a GMC forum, just wondering if you know the difference between the two vehicles? Some people think they are the same but they are not, some items are GMC specific as there are items that are specific to the Chevrolet C10. Allot of parts vendors make the same mistake so please don't be offended they are both nice trucks...Vernski
That I do, i was in a hurry, and couldn't find a gmc. At one point i thought they were the same, a long time ago, but back then i was new to the concept of these trucks. Now I definitely want to get (and keep) the big block V6 or a toro flow diesel. The single as opposed to dual headlights was the main give away for me, along with the headlight bezel.
I mostly meant the blue / white cab is among my favorite paint schemes, but I do want to stay within the realm of rest-mod. I'd like to paint it to look decent, as i'm not into the patina style (i see patina and i assume farm truck, or i look at its potential, no offense to anybody, just not my thing). I was near buying a '63 step side, but i broke my arm and haven't been working for couple weeks and have ER bills so now I'm just sitting down an researching / bumming that i don't have it as planned
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.