View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2016, 05:23 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

Lower unit dropped, it's pretty heavy so if anyone does this have a lowering plan. The white plastic on the shaft there is the water pump.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The water pump isn't like with cars. You can't just replace them. You have to buy the parts and rebuild them. It's good practice for learning how some water pumps work.

Inside there's a huge finned circle thingy made of tough rubber. Under that on mine was two spacers or something. No wonder the water pump didn't work!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I'm waiting on parts for the water pump now.

While I waited I put the cord on the Skeeter battery charger. It was cut in half for some reason. It charges two batteries at once. Pretty nifty.

That's all I've done yet. These parts came in the last two days. I'll be messing with the trailer bearings tomorrow then the water pump Monday or Tuesday if I get time.

The first picture is fancy greaseable hubs. You don't have to knock the cap off anymore, just pull out the rubber stopper, grease the zerk fittings, and off you go. Also in the first pic is the trim tab. It was missing from my boat.

The second pic is a zerk fitting set, the oil level gauge, and my mal-formed skeeter decals. They came in too short. With the zerk fittings, I'll put new ones in the trailer since they were both broken off and not working. I drilled them out starting with small drill bits then working my way up. They wouldn't come out by themselves.

And that's it so far. The kids have named the new boat "Nemo" after the slightly gimpy fish on the cartoon. I think it fits, for now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.