Thread: Engine install
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2019, 08:45 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 2500 1 ton dually
Butter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Engine install

Thanks again for the info AZKen. We had to cut the middle of the cross member out, unfortunately while the engine/trans was half way in. (My dad didn’t believe me when I told him it needed to be removed until it was obvious) It was a tough cut but we got it. The whole job was quite difficult. We didn’t remove the trans cover either which made the job really hard. Currently the trans mounts are in and 3 of the bolts on the front right motor mount are in but we are having a very hard time lining up the other front motor mount. I have some ideas but we had to call it a day. There are a couple plugs on my 305c that are making the mounts not flush and bolts not lining up. This engine came out of a 3500/4000 and there are a few differences that made this job more difficult IMO. The water pump housing and fan are too high up and I’ll have to go with an electric fan. Hopefully we can get those mounts buttoned up tomorrow. I really appreciate your time and info regarding this. It was very helpful.