View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:36 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spark Plug Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
What I can't make sense of though is why the shorter plug won't fit into the 2 4 6 side of the engine. Is what turbobill suggested the most likely cause? Someone has swapped a head at some point?
The plugs (long and short) are interchangable. The threads are the same. I can't see why they wouldn't fit unless something weird did go on like stripped threads and re-threading or a new head.

Edit: I just re-read your mismatch post. Stripped threads are my guess. Someone either busted out some rusted, frozen plugs or they over torqued them and stripped it. Either way, thank goodness they were shorties or you would have had the entire thing stripped out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.