View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:10 AM

Truck: 1963 1-ton Panel 305E SM420
63_Rouss_Fire_Co_GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: History, Teardown, and Rebuild 63 1-ton panel

After Rouss Fire Company owned the truck it was then sold to Frederick County Virginia where it was used as a band wagon for the James Wood High School. It was later painted red/tan, then green/light green. In scouts it was this faded two-tone green/light green. I'll have to find a photo I know I have of it this color. My scout masters son saw an add in the paper looking for cars and trucks from the 1960's to be used in a movie. Turns out it was taken and body work and paint done, roof rack added, and painted this blue/purple color. It was used in the motion picture Forrest Gump. We were told is was cut from the released film but was used as a movie prop. Used as a film/news crew covering the protest/gathering at Washington D.C. that was in the movie.

The first photo is the day I bought it from my scout master, still had the movie rack/platform on top. Next two shots are shortly after the bondo used to redo the truck started to bubble and rust began to reappear.

Jeremy Cooper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forrest%20Gump%20Movie%20Truck.jpg (41.6 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0001%20web.jpg (40.9 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg Paw%20Paw%20WV%20Trip.jpg (87.5 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)